Job Purpose Statement: Operate hammers from 1500# through 25,000#
Reporting Structure: Forge Shop Supervisor
Information/Directions from: Written and Verbal from Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate hammer
- Check specification sheet
- Check holder for depth before setting inserts
- Check dowels, make sure they are tight
- Keep hammer tight
- Check heat of steel and furnace
- Instruct crew on job functions
- Keep hammer in good working order
- Keep keys tight
Marginal Job Functions:
Types of Machines, Tools, and Equipment Used:
- Keep work area clean
- Keep tools and tongs in proper place
- Inspect ram and sowblock after each job
- Clean as needed
- Perform and other job as required by Supervisor
Steam hammer, presses, pipe wrench, adjustable wrench, tongs, and sledge hammer.
Physical and Visual Activities:
Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Standing, Walking, Carrying, Balancing, Handling, Reaching, Talking, and Hearing. Vision acuity: Field of Vision.
Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Push and/or lift on pry bar in order to move over 60 pounds.
Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Inside Conditions, Cold Temperature Changes, Hot Temperature Changes, Humid, Noise, Vibration, Hazards, and Fumes.
Job Qualification Requirements